September 19 2017 | 0 Comments | 198 reads Average Rating: 3
Changing roles of payers and providers in a value-based care world
Earlier this year, Jonathan Niloff, MD, president of Niloff Healthcare Strategies, a recognized thought leader on accountable care and health system transformation discussed how provider organizations can improve value-based outcomes during a webinar titled “Insight-Driven Outcomes: A Focus on Risk, Quality and Provider Networks.”
Later, Dr. Niloff sat down with SCIO Health Analytics to offer his expert perspective on a variety of trending topics. In this part-1 of the recorded conversation, he elucidates on:
- The changing roles of payers and providers under value-based care
- The blurring of the organizational lines – as payers act more like providers and vice versa
- Why legacy IT systems are not cut out to handle value-based models and are creating a lot of complexity
- The challenges associated with juggling fee for service and value-based models during a period of transformation
- Require data acquisition, IT infrastructures, and new areas of expertise that don’t typically reside in health systems
- Why it is important for healthcare organizations to develop and implement a multi-year roll out plan as they transition to new value-based care models
We invite you to listen in as Dr. Niloff expands on these topics in this short video.
Also, view slideshare of the webinar presentation.